|COLONEL STANLEY STAFIRA JR.|
Col. Stanley Stafira Jr., is the Vice Commander, 50th Space Wing, Air Force Space Command, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo. As Vice Commander, he supports the Commander in leading the 50th Space Wing. He is responsible for more than 5,800 military, Department of Defense civilian and contractor personnel serving at 12 operating locations worldwide, in support of more than 150 communications, navigation and surveillance satellites with their associated systems valued at more than $66 billion.
Colonel Stafira was commissioned through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1988. During his career, he has held a variety of assignments at squadron, major command, headquarters U.S. Air Force and DOD levels. Colonel Stafira's operational space assignments include Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles and Air Force Satellite Control Network operations.
1988 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia, Va.
1993 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University, Colo.
1995 Master of Science in Operations Analysis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Master of Arts in National Security and Strategic Studies, College of Naval Command and Staff, Newport, R.I.
2003 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Master of Arts in National Security Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. March 1989 - August 1989, student, undergraduate missile training, 4315th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. August 1989 - September 1990, Peacekeeper deputy missile combat crew commander, 400th Strategic Missile Squadron, 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
3. September 1990 - January 1992, Peacekeeper senior instructor deputy crew commander, 90th Operations Support Squadron, 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
4. January 1992 - August 1993, Peacekeeper senior standardization/evaluation combat crew commander, 90th Operations Group, 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
5. August 1993 - March 1995, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. March 1995 - January 1997, chief space analyses, Air Force Studies and Analyses Agency, Washington, D.C.
7. January 1997 - December 1997, executive officer, Air Force Studies and Analyses Agency, Washington, D.C.
8. December 1997 - June 1999, military satellite communications terminals program element monitor, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition), Washington, D.C.
9. June 1999 - July 2001, chief, wargames and exercise, Operations Division, Space Warfare Center, Schriever AFB, Colo.
10. July 2001 - June 2002, student, College of Naval Command and Staff, Newport Naval Station, R.I.
11. June 2002 - June 2004, operations research system analyst, Space and Missile Defense Directorate, Program Analysis and Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2004 - July 2005, chief of safety, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
13. July 2005 - July 2007, Commander, 23rd Space Operations Squadron, New Boston Air Force Station, N.H.
14. July 2007 - June 2008, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. June 2008 - July 2009, assistant deputy for International Engineering, Missile Defense Agency, Washington D.C.
16. July 2009 - June 2011, chief of staff for the Director for Engineering, Missile Defense Agency, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
17. June 2011 - present, Vice Commander, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Oct. 21, 1988
First Lieutenant Oct. 21, 1990
Captain Oct. 21, 1992
Major April 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2004
Colonel July 1, 2009
(Current as of April 2012)