Col. Jennifer L. Grant is the Commander, 50th Space Wing, Air Force Space Command, Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado. As commander, she is responsible for more than 6,9780 military, Department of Defense civilians and contractor personnel serving at 14 operating locations worldwide, in support of 185 communications, navigation and surveillance satellites with their associated systems valued at more than $66 billion.
Prior to assuming command at Schriever, Colonel Grant served as the commander of the 30th Operations Group at Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
Colonel Grant entered the Air Force in 1995 as a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. Her career has included various satellite space operations, launch, test and acquisition program management assignments within the National Reconnaissance Office and Air Force Space Command. She has also served in staff positions within both organizations, as well as the Joint Staff and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Colonel Grant commanded the 2nd Space Operations Squadron and the 30th Operations Group. She is a graduate of the Naval Post Graduate School and the National War College.
1995 Bachelor of Science degree, Political Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Superior Leader Award, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Science degree, Education, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
2003 Master of Arts certificate, Organizational Behavior and Leadership, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Business Administration, Distinguished Graduate, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2010 Air War College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Science, National Security Policy, National War College, Fort McNair, D.C
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2017 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1995 -- May 1998, Command Center Processing and Display System Replacement Test Manager and Technical Control Upgrade Program Manager for the Cheyenne Mountain Upgrade Program Office; Center Deputy Chief of Protocol, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
2. May 1998 -- May 2001, Space-Based Infrared System High Systems Integration Manager, Program Office Executive Officer, Defense Support Program Flight 20 Launch Test Director, and Branch Chief, Plans and Programs for the Space Based Infrared Systems Program Office, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
3. July -- August 2000, Student, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. June 2001 -- June 2002, Branch Chief, Production, SAF Project Office, Under Secretary of the Air Force
5. June 2002 -- June 2003, Air Force Intern Program, The Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. June 2003 -- May 2006, Branch Chief, Satellite Readiness, Executive Officer to the Deputy Director for System Engineering, and Lead Engineer for Ground Support and Simulation, Office of Space Technology, Undersecretary of the Air Force, with duty at the National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
7. September 2001 -- December 2005, Air Force White House Social Aide and Senior Aide for White House Social Aides, White House Military Office, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2006 -- December 2007, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
9. December 2007 -- August 2008, Crew Commander and Director of Engineering, National Reconnaissance Office Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
10. September 2008 -- August 2010, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander and Assistant to the Chief of Strategy and Policy, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB Colo.
11. January 2010 – February 2010, Global Positioning System Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
12. August 2010 -- August 2012, Commander, 2nd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
13. August 2012 -- June 2013, Student, National War College, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2013 -- June 2015, Space and C4ISR Analyst, Joint Staff, J-8, The Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2015 -- June 2017, Commander, 30th Operations Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
16. June 2017 -- present, Commander, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal with bronze star
Air Force Longevity Service with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major July 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 1, 2010
Colonel July 1, 2015
(Current as of June 2017)